Tea Time #6
I want to thank everyone for joining me for the Tea Time #5
We had 10 amazing Tea Time entries, I think this party needs to be booze time tea party or something like that as we are having a steady increase in liqour matter arriving, which does tend to amp up the fun factor! 🙂
If you didn’t see the entries there is a snippet below, but the InLinkz page can still be visited to blog hop you will find it here InLinkz Page Tea Time #5
I also wanted to say a Happy Blogging Anniversary to Lucile, apparently she will be coming with cake to celebrate yay 😀
Here are the last Tea Time party goers who my greatest thanks go out to
Andy Townend – who brought about eye catching photography and thoughtful words to ponder.
Andy Townend – he brought us some after the tea thoughts & our staple diet of liqour 😉
Sarah’s Little Kitchen – brought us the most amazing cake with espresso, I am not telling you what it is, go take a peek it’s yum!
Mara Eastern – brought us an even bigger staple of liqour to keep spirits high, excuse the pun. Beautiful photography & words, go take a peek.
A New Life Wandering – brought us something made with chocolate and tahini. It is something I am yet to make but will do, curious to know what it is?
Deb’s World – brought us the cutest tea time buddy, really, you must go and see what I am talking about.
Gluten Free, Lekker Food – brought us the most delicious looking apple sweetbread, it should be yum in my tum.
Musings of a frequently flying scientist – brought us one of my favourite alcohols, especially on a blistery night, want to know what it is?
Angle and Views – brought us some Icelandic views and treats, go take a peek.
Viaja – Last but not least we had some beautiful crockery from Viaja how lovely.
Tea Time #6
It will be the same process as in, open for a week and a half before closing to give time to have our cuppas, chat and generally Tea Time style party!!
This event is for anything related to the ‘Experience of Tea Time’, please feel free to be as out of the box as you like. Bring alcohol, tea, cakes, a poem, a song, whatever, really bring it all along.
If you need to familiarize yourself with what the Tea Time Event is, please follow the link which goes to the Tea Time Page – Tea Time Page
A quick summary of the process 😉
- Please grab a badge to display
- Tag your post Tea Time (#1 or #2 etc depending on which week it is)
- When you write your post, please link back to my post that it relates to
- Please then come to my post back here and enter the URL in to the InLinkz which you will find below. This collects all the entries and displays thumbnails on the InLinkz page so everyone can congregate together, find out what everyone is doing and party!
- Even if you are not posting a link, please pop by the InLinkz page to blog hop and enjoy everyone’s 2015 New Year Tea Party.
- Please don’t forget to put your link in to the InLinkz page, just click the tea picture below 🙂
So I present my treats for the Tea Time #6 :-
Omega 3 protein recover chia seed pudding
Omega 3 protein recover chia seed pudding
2 Tbsp chia seed
250ml rice milk (can use Kako (coconut milk too)
1/2 banana mashed
punnet of raspberries
2 tbsp oat flakes (porridge oats)
As you can see I also topped them with heart shaped strawberries as wanted to give my Tea Time buddies a bit of Valentines, be it belated.
Mash up the bananas and raspberries. Add all the ingredients to a bowl and leave to settle for a minimum of 4 hours, I leave overnight.
I have also used frozen berries, really you can mix in whatever you enjoy the taste of. If you wish to make it sweeter, one can add honey, unless your on the Low-FodMAP diet in which case you can add maple syrup or golden syrup.
Vanilla-Almond Chia (Breakfast) Pudding
Yields 2 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Soak time: 1-8 hours
Per serving (without fruit):
- 309 calories
- 20 g fat
- 45 g carbs
- 12 mg sodium
- 29 g fiber
- 15 g protein
2 cups unsweetened almond milk, homemade or store bought (see recipe for homemade almond milk below)
1/2 cup chia seeds
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (raw honey if not on a low FodMAP diet)
Seasonal fruit for topping (blueberries, peaches, figs and plums) – allowed fruit on Low FodMAP are:- Banana (small) Blueberries Cantaloupe Coconut Dragonfruit Grapefruit (1/4 only) Grapes Honeydew melon Kiwifruit Lemon Lime Orange Papaya Passion fruit Pineapple Raspberries Rhubarb Starfruit Strawberries Tangelo
Almonds or other nuts for topping – if on a low Fod-MAP diet then one can use the following nuts:- Almonds Chia seeds Flax seeds Macadamias Peanuts Pecans Pine nuts Pumpkin seeds Sesame seeds Sunflower seeds Walnuts
Benefits of Chia Seeds
The reason I used chia seeds is firstly because I am starting the FodMAP diet but also I had heard that they are a superfood and it is surprising in a small amount they pack quite a punch as seen below:
- Fiber: 11 grams.
- Protein: 4 grams.
- Fat: 9 grams (5 of which are Omega-3s).
- Calcium: 18% of the RDA.
- Manganese: 30% of the RDA.
- Magnesium: 30% of the RDA.
- Phosphorus: 27% of the RDA.
- They also contain a decent amount of Zinc, Vitamin B3 (Niacin), Potassium, Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) and Vitamin B2.
1. Chia Seeds Deliver a Massive Amount of Nutrients With Very Few Calories
2. Chia Seeds Are Loaded With Antioxidants
3. Almost All The Carbs in Them Are Fiber
4. Chia Seeds Are High in Quality Protein
5. Due to The High Fiber and Protein Content, Chia Seeds Should be Able to Help You Lose Weight
6. Chia Seeds Are High in Omega-3 Fatty Acids
7. Chia Seeds May Improve Certain Blood Markers, Which Should Lower The Risk of Heart Disease and Type 2 Diabetes
8. They Are High in Many Important Bone Nutrients
9. Chia Seeds Can Cause Major Improvements in Type 2 Diabetics
10. Chia Seeds Can Improve Exercise Performance as Much as a Sports Drink
11. Chia Seeds Are Easy to Incorporate Into Your Diet
This information was gleaned from various online resources.
Links to other nice chia seed breakfast’s and snacks I found here:- (Please change according to your dietary needs):-
So please come and join the Tea Time #5 Party, click the Tea badge below to go through to the InLinkz page to either post your tea time fun, or blog hop and visit others just to simply say ‘hello’ and see what they have done. Remember to pop back and say ‘hi’ every so often to see what new deliciousness or visual treats might be there, Happy New Year to you all! Justine xxxx
Have a little click below to enter or just enjoy!