Saatchi & Saatchi #10

Saatchi & Saatchi #10

Sharing Art

As most of you know I went a while ago to the Saatchi & Saatchi Gallery in Chelsea, London, where they have Post Pop: East Meets West.

I have already shared quite a few posts, but thought to keep things ‘fresh’ as they say would have a break and decided to share the rest now whilst I am away at the Pain Clinic for 3 weeks.  So these posts are pre-scheduled as I won’t have time to write posts, however, I will be reading & commenting.

This is how the exhibition is described:

East Meets West examines why of all the twentieth century’s art movements, Pop art has had such a  powerful influence over artists from world regions that have had very different and sometimes opposing ideologies.

Widely regarded as one of the most significant art movements of the last century, Pop Art exploited identifiable imagery from mass media and everyday life to reflect on the nature of the world we live in.  This exhibition examines the relationship between western Pop Art and its lesser-known eastern counterparts including “Sots Art” in the Soviet Union and “Political-Pop” or “Cynical Realism”, which has flourished in Greater China since the turn of the twenty-first century.

I certainly love art in all it’s forms and as such have decided to share my experience with you.  Online give us the opportunity to share the places we go to and the things we see, I for one would love to see some of the Exhibitions you might go to.  I will post over the next few days the photos I took at the Exhibition, a series of Posts, called Saatchi & Saatchi # (whatever it is).

If you want to backtrack and look over past posts you will find it under my Arty Farty link here – Arty Farty

Now what do you make of this?

Saatchi & Saatchi:  Post Pop East meets West

Saatchi & Saatchi: Post Pop East meets West

© Justine Nagaur

11 comments for “Saatchi & Saatchi #10

1. March 8, 2015 at 1:29 PM

Besides the dehumanizing elements of Soviet style communism, I think it’s interesting that Lenin is keeping an evil eye on poor C3PO.

Liked by 2 people

• March 8, 2015 at 4:17 PM

lol well spotted! There is some secret message trying to be said i think, of what i am not sure x

2. March 8, 2015 at 3:19 PM

Oh I love it, could I please have a miniature of this for my bedside table? As an Eastern Bloc native, I think I should 😉

• March 8, 2015 at 4:14 PM

lmao, take a copy of it and put it in a frame, of course, I don’t think I can order a miniature though haha x

3. March 8, 2015 at 3:20 PM

Hope your 3 weeks goes well for you… Diane

• March 8, 2015 at 4:14 PM

Thank you so much, I hope so too, just finished week 1 😀 x

4. March 8, 2015 at 11:40 PM

An interesting exhibit. I see C3PO – the robotic worker – the automoton without a mouth, programmed to be what he must. Perhaps the carrier of the hammer and sickle represents those allowed to spout, but seemingly with some sort of mechanism attached at the frontal cortex, motivating the masses. Lenin is the only one allowed a real face. This might be a piece of art interchangeable between cultures, different face, different emblem to be carried, C3PO the constant. I like it.

• March 9, 2015 at 9:41 AM

I like your take on it. That is the beauty of art isn’t it, it means something to one and something to another depending on your mindset, your origins and beliefs xx

5. March 12, 2015 at 9:05 PM

Weird and wild things, aren’t they, Justine? I hope you are feeling good at the pain clinic, my friend. I hopped over and gave you a hug at your other blog.

• March 13, 2015 at 4:15 PM

awe thank you and yes you should see what is coming up soon, something to make you blush perhaps from Saatchi and Saatchi x

• March 13, 2015 at 6:09 PM

Oh, I am looking forward to that one, Justine, so we can trade looks and comments. 🙂