Eclectic Corner #8 Splash of Colour, Photography, quotes & poetry!

Eclectic Corner #8, Splash of Colour

I love Eclectic Corner (medium)

I love Eclectic Corner

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you are new to Eclectic Corner & wish to find out a little more about it, please click here

Here is a brief summary:

• Write your post then please create a link on your post to this one – this way it shows in the comments and doubly alerts me and shows others quickly of your participation.
  • Please mention the Eclectic Corner Challenge & use the badge provided above.
  • When you create your tags, please include Eclectic Corner in it, then anyone searching this challenge ‘should’ find your post.
  • Once your post is written, please put the URL in the InLinkz below, this will then display your post on a page with everyone else so that you can all see each others wonderful pieces of work and socialize.
  • Make sure you chat and have fun.
  • The InLinkz will close Friday 3rd April 2015

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eclectic Corner #7 lasted a few weeks as I was away on a course, so I especially thank those of you who entered and especially those of you who multiple entries in, just prolonging the fun which was fabulous.

You can see my multiple posts for Eclectic Corner #7 here:

You can still pop through to the InLinkz page to say hello to everyone and see the wonderful entries.  It is here:  Eclectic Corner #7 InLinkz Page.

We had 10 entries in all on the InLinkz page.  I apologise in advance if there is anyone who entered that forgot to put themselves on to the InLinkz page, it makes it a lot easier to find out who might have forgotten if you pingback to the post, this way at least I have a chance to pick up on the post when looking back at the Event Page.

Here are the Street Photographers for the last event: (massive thank you’s)

1. Belgian Streets – we had a great view of double exposure urban grungy shots with some words to make one pause and think, thank you Andy.
  2. Mara Eastern – who provided us with some real fun photography trying to camouflage herself as someone rather famous!!!
  3. Lucile de Godoy – who gave us toilets!!!!  Seriously, pop by and see what I mean.
  4. Lucile de Godoy – who showed us some amazing street art, go pop by!
  5. Musings of a Frequently Flying Scientist – who showed us exactly how wonderful it is to live where she does! (am jealous)
  6. Deb’s World – who showed us some really lovely vintage style photography well worth a look.
  7. Andy Townend – who started me off on a journey of wanting to know what happened next.
  8. Living, learning and letting go – who showed us some amazing Chinese street art which I want on my house.
  9. Martha Stout – who showed us exactly how cold oh my it is to live where she is right now.
  10. Inspiring Max – who showed us real street life in China!

Thank you again to all and I hope to see you all again this time around 😀

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What is happening this week?

This week we are concentrating on

• Photography
  • Favourite Quotes
  • Poetry, namely a Haiku

The subject matter that will be lasting a fortnight is “Splash of Colour”.

I would like to invite those of you who want to join this event to do one or all of the following:

1. Submit a photograph that depicts a splash of colour, however the catch is, please no apps that take the colour away or de-saturating editing, ie please make sure it is a natural splash of colour ;-D
  2. Submit perhaps your favourite quote that relates to ‘colour’
  3. To submit a poem in the form of a Haiku, brief explanation of what this is you can find below:

What is a Haiku Poem?

A Haiku is a Japanese poem which can also be known as a Hokku. A Haiku poem is similar to a Tanka but has fewer lines. A Haiku is a type of poetry that can be written on many themes, from love to nature.

What is the Structure of a Haiku Poem?

A Haiku consists of 3 lines and 17 syllables.

Each line has a set number of syllables see below:

Line 1 – 5 syllables
Line 2 – 7 syllables
Line 3 – 5 syllables

Haiku poems don’t need to rhyme, but for more of a challenge some poets try to rhyme lines 1 and 3.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My donation for this event

Splash of Colour

Eclectic Corner #8 Splash of Colour

Eclectic Corner #8 Splash of Colour

A quote I love:

“Let me, O let me bathe my soul in colours; let me swallow the sunset and drink the rainbow.”
Kahlil Gibran

Colour’s of life

Warm colours give life

Mother Nature drinks sun’s rays

flowers bloom in praise

© Justine Nagaur Eclecticoddsnsods.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for joining in the fun!

If you click the link below it will take you to the InLinkz page where you can either enter your own entry or in fact you can just browse through everyone elses, blog hop and have fun, that’s the idea. ;-D

Click below to join the fun!

51 comments for “Eclectic Corner #8 Splash of Colour, Photography, quotes & poetry!

1. March 24, 2015 at 5:42 AM

Oh, I love haiku! I’m a terrible poet, but this time I hope my mind will cooperate and let me get a haiku in!

It’s great to see you posting! I hope the pain clinic went well!

• March 24, 2015 at 2:04 PM

ah yes , yipee i hope you can find the time and willpower to join in, I would love it 😀 Glad you liked it, the pain clinic was good, trying to incorporate lots I learned but the main thing I learned was how to lessen the fear x

• March 24, 2015 at 3:38 PM

I just put up a haiku this morning! There’s a couple others swimming around in my head, so I hope I’ll be able to put them up at a later point. I’m looking forward to seeing all the entries in the InLinkz, and I’m hoping some of the people following my blog will join in too!

• March 26, 2015 at 1:58 PM

I saw it and commented, lovely haiku and made me think. I am really enjoying reading the entries x

2. March 24, 2015 at 1:35 PM

Well. This is a challenge to some of us. A ban on apps for colour removal and desaturation! So…we shall see.

Great challenge and a lovely pop of colour!

Liked by 2 people

3. March 24, 2015 at 3:41 PM

A natural splash of colour? Like Andy, I protest… 😉 I will need to find a way to bypass this 😛

Liked by 2 people

4. NotAPunkRocker
    March 24, 2015 at 3:48 PM

I admit, I was worried when I read the title that this would be photography AND haiku, but thankfully we have the option. I shall try my best to see what I can come up with 😀

• March 26, 2015 at 1:57 PM

yay I hope you can find time to join in, would love to see what you come up with x

5. March 24, 2015 at 6:04 PM

Here are two contributions from me, I’ve tried to stick to the brief as much as possible, although I think I may have butchered the haiku form…

• March 26, 2015 at 1:51 PM

a really really cute post here, love it, thank you x

• March 25, 2015 at 8:58 PM

This is fabulous firstly the quote really made me think and it’s true clouds bring depth and shapes to an otherwise unclouded palette (excuse the pun I couldn’t help it)

Secondly how on earth did you capture a photo like that?

Thirdly a thought provoking haiku. I admit to adoring both sunsets and rises but I don’t get to see them often though they appear daily but I suppose they could get boring? :-d

I really appreciate you joining Eclectic Corner I hope you get to chat to the other bloggers on the Inlinkz and have some fun!

Hope to see you again, Justine x

6. March 25, 2015 at 6:32 PM

It didn’t pingback! But, here is my entry.

• March 26, 2015 at 1:49 PM

ah it worked and a lovely entry, I hiope you got my comments direct on to your blog. Thank you so much for joining in 😀 xx

7. March 25, 2015 at 9:29 PM

Interesting one-two-three pop at us this time, Justine. I think I may have to stretch myself and go for the trio! I’ve never written a haiku before. You’ll be my first. ❤
    Since I'm an American and have the clumsy spelling and all that, do you want me to paint your corner with colour or color? 😉
    Thanks for this great edition of Eclectic Corner, my friend. 🙂

• March 26, 2015 at 1:48 PM

oh please do paint it, i have faith in you that whatever trio of colour you bring it will be a beautiful experience 😀 x

8. March 26, 2015 at 11:50 AM

Hi Justine – I am having trouble loading my link. Here it is just in case it doesn’t work. http://wp.me/p2juKh-R6
    I love your photo with the orange balloon – just beautiful!

• March 26, 2015 at 1:36 PM

Thank you and yay you are in the Inlinkz don’t worry I just checked 🙂 Thank you for joining in we are having lots of fun, I am really enjoying reading all the posts and appreciate your loyal support x

• March 26, 2015 at 1:35 PM

I simply adore this Haiku, one that could easily be put on the fridge to brighten up one’s day x

9. March 26, 2015 at 4:13 PM

sounds like fun…I will have to try to join in!

10. March 26, 2015 at 7:39 PM

Here’s the best splash of colour I could come up with, considering the ban on saturation post-editing 😉

• March 29, 2015 at 8:51 AM

It’s great and yay you managed a pic! Felt good? Lol

• March 29, 2015 at 3:12 PM

Actually, it felt odd, so I had to return to the photo after I posted it and post-edit it a bit more just for myself… Above all, desaturate!

• March 29, 2015 at 3:19 PM

Lol so you actually changed it on the post or just in your own files? X

• March 29, 2015 at 3:20 PM

Oh no, not in the post, I wouldn’t dare, as it was forbidden! Just in my computer… It made me feel better 🙂

• March 29, 2015 at 3:21 PM

Lol your funny and I thought you were behaving so well I was proud of you kitty wife! 😛

11. March 28, 2015 at 6:10 PM

As I did with the last Eclectic Corner my contribution won’t go up right away. It should show up on my blog on Sunday, April 4th. I hope that you like it! You’re prompt really touched my heart this weekend. Thank you.

• March 29, 2015 at 8:38 AM

Awe thank you I’m glad you liked it. I’m way behind on reading as away on holiday but if I don’t catch it please make sure to put it in before the link closes (I can’t remember when that is lol)

12. April 3, 2015 at 11:23 AM

I couldn’t find the link to the InLinkz page here, Justine, to add my link to it! Sorry. Thanks for this great No. 8. — Mark

• April 6, 2015 at 12:52 PM

awe thank yo ufor sharing this, so so sweet of you and thank you for joining also in to Eclectic Corner 😀 x

• April 6, 2015 at 12:52 PM

you have a romantic family x