Saatchi & Saatchi #13

Saatchi & Saatchi #13

Sharing Art

As most of you know I went a while ago to the Saatchi & Saatchi Gallery in Chelsea, London, where they have Post Pop: East Meets West.

I have already shared quite a few posts, but thought to keep things ‘fresh’ as they say would have a break and decided to share the rest now whilst I am away at the Pain Clinic for 3 weeks.  So these posts are pre-scheduled as I won’t have time to write posts, however, I will be reading & commenting.

This is how the exhibition is described:

East Meets West examines why of all the twentieth century’s art movements, Pop art has had such a  powerful influence over artists from world regions that have had very different and sometimes opposing ideologies.

Widely regarded as one of the most significant art movements of the last century, Pop Art exploited identifiable imagery from mass media and everyday life to reflect on the nature of the world we live in.  This exhibition examines the relationship between western Pop Art and its lesser-known eastern counterparts including “Sots Art” in the Soviet Union and “Political-Pop” or “Cynical Realism”, which has flourished in Greater China since the turn of the twenty-first century.

I certainly love art in all it’s forms and as such have decided to share my experience with you.  Online give us the opportunity to share the places we go to and the things we see, I for one would love to see some of the Exhibitions you might go to.  I will post over the next few days the photos I took at the Exhibition, a series of Posts, called Saatchi & Saatchi # (whatever it is).

If you want to backtrack and look over past posts you will find it under my Arty Farty link here – Arty Farty

Now what do you make of this?

I will say though I am not enamoured nor offended by this, it is in the room where I can only describe as the ‘naughtier’ images are or some might say.

I have been deliberating whether to post them.  The thing is they are up on public view in an art gallery that is free mind you and also allows children, so in the name of ‘art’ as they are described I might well do and get your opinion on them 🙂

Post Pop: East meets West

Post Pop: East meets West

© Justine Nagaur

30 comments for “Saatchi & Saatchi #13

1. March 29, 2015 at 9:08 AM

amazing – this is different, deep reflection of introducing such a great image!

2. March 29, 2015 at 11:31 AM

Interesting – but not really my cup of tea. Thanks for sharing. What a great idea and good luck with the pain clinic. 🙂

• March 29, 2015 at 3:27 PM

Not my cup of tea either but must be someone’s. Always makes me think what must have been going through the artists head when they drew it. It’s very basic x

3. March 29, 2015 at 2:44 PM

You would have to work awfully hard to offend me, I mean I posted nudes that I drew in drawing classes on my blog even though I consider my blog as G-rated. (Funny, my nude drawings actually get a lot of traffic from Google) My opinion about this work? It’s OK but not my favorite. Is it saying something about the anonymity of a pole dancer? not sure.

4. March 29, 2015 at 2:50 PM

All I can see the oddly messed up perspective showing both her breasts when she’s from profile… Her physiology is a bit weird…

Liked by 2 people

5. NotAPunkRocker
    March 29, 2015 at 4:21 PM

I like it. Bold but simple.

6. March 29, 2015 at 4:48 PM

This girl’s not offended. In fact, I’d LOVE to try (fully clothed) pole dancing. It looks like an incredible workout!

7. March 29, 2015 at 10:22 PM

Best wishes at the pain clinic.

8. March 31, 2015 at 12:26 PM

A rather flat and uninspiring piece of art, although the perhaps the intention is to draw attention to the emptiness and despair of the act?

9. March 31, 2015 at 2:57 PM

I think it’s an interesting statement on plain curves, Justine. My eyes go down to the high laces of the shoes with no feet! The fact that everything is just a little off makes it even better art, I believe.

• March 31, 2015 at 9:00 PM

That’s an interesting take and one I had not thought of and tell me does this reveal a personal interest in shoes perhaps? X

• March 31, 2015 at 9:12 PM

Not anything special about shoes, but this painting draws the eyes down there because they’re so dang high, Justine. 😉