Saatchi & Saatchi #14

Saatchi & Saatchi #14

Sharing Art

As most of you know I went a while ago to the Saatchi & Saatchi Gallery in Chelsea, London, where they have Post Pop: East Meets West.

I have already shared quite a few posts, but thought to keep things ‘fresh’ as they say would have a break and decided to share the rest now whilst I am away at the Pain Clinic for 3 weeks.  So these posts are pre-scheduled as I won’t have time to write posts, however, I will be reading & commenting.

Now what you will see below is not part of the ‘actual’ exhibition but inside the shop, two pieces of art form for sale and me being me, couldn’t help resist but take a photo.

Also seeing as we are getting in to the naughtier room for some reason felt it not apt to post those today of all days!

Happy Easter All!

I certainly love art in all it’s forms and as such have decided to share my experience with you.  Online give us the opportunity to share the places we go to and the things we see, I for one would love to see some of the Exhibitions you might go to.  I will post over the next few days the photos I took at the Exhibition, a series of Posts, called Saatchi & Saatchi # (whatever it is).

If you want to backtrack and look over past posts you will find it under my Arty Farty link here – Arty Farty

Now what do you make of this?

Saatchi and Saatchi

Saatchi and Saatchi

Saatchi and Saatchi

Saatchi and Saatchi

Β© Justine Nagaur

23 comments for “Saatchi & Saatchi #14

1. April 4, 2015 at 9:30 AM

Uhuh, I accidentally “liked” this post, but I don’t actually like it… I may not love chickens but that’s a bit of a torture…

• April 6, 2015 at 1:00 PM

Yes I agree but definitely provoking which is kind of good, as long as you weren’t eating at the time of reading this lol x

2. April 4, 2015 at 11:44 AM

Um, these are for sale? Yeah, I could see having dead chicks displayed in my house… So esthetically pleasing… So who buys stuff like this, Norman Bates? I mean, in the movie he did have stuffed animals (and humans), but usually not in these poses. A little sick even for him I would think.

• April 6, 2015 at 1:01 PM

lol your comment made me laugh but seriously someone might buy it? There are all kinds for all things. I also thought it kind of Easter ilke in a kind of ‘wrong’ way. But no i wouldn’t buy it for my house in any fashion lol x

• April 6, 2015 at 1:12 PM

I think of that statement hated by people in the “fine arts” – “It does go with my furniture”. Well, these would NOT go with my furniture! I can see the Easter angle. It’s just when you said they were in the shop, my first thought was, “really, they think someone would buy it?”

• April 6, 2015 at 1:22 PM

haha yes well it is Saatchi and Saatchi they do have quite provocative art on display and for sale. I have seen worse x

• April 6, 2015 at 1:22 PM

I did see someone selling beautiful vaginas once and seriously I would have bought one. I like provocative, but it still has to have beauty in it, if it is to be on display x

• April 6, 2015 at 1:25 PM

I agree. It can be dark, or it can be sexual, or whatever, but it needs to have at least a hint of beauty for me. A gallery I used to work with had some provocative art, much of which I’d never buy, but it was fascinating.

• April 6, 2015 at 2:14 PM

yes exactly, it has to provoke something in me, but yup to be in my house it has to do more than that lol x

3. April 4, 2015 at 1:27 PM

They are icky but compelling in a way. I don’t like them but I am intrigued by them. What was he thinking? What is he trying to convey? You find the most interesting things! X

• April 6, 2015 at 1:02 PM

hah I know they are very odd, hence I had to photograph them and also thought them perhaps fitting in a ‘wrong’ way for Easter lol x

4. April 4, 2015 at 3:14 PM

the poor chicks…!!

• April 6, 2015 at 1:04 PM

I know it is very sad, one wouldn’t want to look at them but having said that I remember you said something about chickens when I posted one earlier, I got the imrpession you didn’t like them lol, but this would be harsh to find this appealing or just wrong? lol x

• April 7, 2015 at 1:16 PM

hahahaha! Aside from -eating- or seeing them in cages, I don’t think I have enough experience with them to know if I’ll hate or love them.

Were those taxidermy chicks? Haha i think it’s fine to find it appealing. Put aside the cruel intentions, there’s creativity in it πŸ˜‰

• April 7, 2015 at 1:54 PM

oh i dont find it appealing lol, intriguing perhaps but wouldn’t purchase. I have no idea nor sure iw ant to as to what the artist did with them to present them in such fashion lol x

5. NotAPunkRocker
    April 4, 2015 at 6:56 PM

OMG, that may be the first art you have posted that made me say “OMG” out loud.

I guess it is the youth of today, not having a chance before they even begin before they are “taken out” by technology or society.

Or just one twisted vegetarian.

• April 6, 2015 at 1:05 PM

Well an out loud OMG is kinda good at least its a proper reaction…grinz….I like your take on it…I thought it fittingly ‘wrong’ for Easter to post it, i was going to post it on the Friday but thought that too much and I might get some hate mail.

Twisted vegetarian it could be! xx

6. April 5, 2015 at 8:28 AM

I don’t like this kind of art, but wish you all the best at the pain clinic with hope that you will get all the help as you need πŸ˜‰

• April 6, 2015 at 12:59 PM

thank you the pain clinic has finished now a couple of weeks ago, it was hard but good, just have to embrace what I learned now πŸ™‚ I don’t like this art either but it did provoke a reaction hence I wanted to share and well sort of Easter like in a kind of ‘wrong’ way x

• April 6, 2015 at 1:04 PM

I understand you with the provoking. Then you have had time with your family in the Easter, I send you my best wishes. Pain is not fun to live with, I do know.