Eclectic Corner #9, Edge – Photography, quotes and poetry!
If you are new to Eclectic Corner & wish to find out a little more about it, please click here
Here is a brief summary:
- Write your post then please create a link on your post to this one – this way it shows in the comments and doubly alerts me and shows others quickly of your participation.
- Please mention the Eclectic Corner Challenge & use the badge provided above.
- When you create your tags, please include Eclectic Corner in it, then anyone searching this challenge ‘should’ find your post.
- Once your post is written, please put the URL in the InLinkz below, this will then display your post on a page with everyone else so that you can all see each others wonderful pieces of work and socialize.
- Make sure you chat and have fun.
- The InLinkz will close Friday 17th April 2015
Thank you to all of those who either joined in with posts to Eclectic Corner’s splash of colour or to those of you who blog hopped and said ‘hi’ to everyone.
We had a lovely 12 entries all in all.
You can still see the post here: Eclectic Corner #8 Splash of Colour
You can still pop through to the InLinkz page to say hello to everyone and see the wonderful entries. It is here: Eclectic Corner #8 Splash of Colour Inlinkz page.
Here are the amazing 12 posts:-
- Amusing Nonsense – A beautiful haiku that really tweeked the imagination, words can indeed make magic.
- Belgian Streets – we had all 3, a haiku, photography and quote, and all rather desolate and thought provoking! Pop by and have a look.
- Andy Townend – again all 3, a haiku, photography and quote, again all words to make one think, take a peek and see what you think?
- Acbistro – I think this was one of my favourite quotes, so simple yet beautiful. Again all 3 catered for so thank you 😀 x
- Deb’s World – A beautiful photo, somewhere I would like to visit and a fabulous quote, that really made me think of how the artist’s mind works that she refers to. Have to pop by to see what I am talking about.
- Inspiring Max – we were supplied with not only all 3 things catered for, but a gallery of splashes of colour, I am super impressed, thank you.
- What does Nelkumi Think – All 3 given to us again, the quote almost the opposite of the poem, pop by and see what I mean. Great post.
- Mara Eastern – my lovely kitty wife, mara was totally traumatised at the though of not being allowed to de-saturate anything, so apparently with the photo she posted, she couldn’t resist it any longer and de-saturated it just for her own private collection LOL.
- Jen – I love this it is very out of the box, I took it at the musical tones of birds being the splash of colour, not sure whether I was right, but to me, it was simply divine.
- Living Learning and Letting Go – Now this one was quite scary you will have to pop by to see what I mean.
- Mark Bialckzac – Now again I had all 3 requests catered for so was very chuffed but moreso, this apparently was Marks first attempt at a Haiku, all I can say is ‘wow’.
- MarthaOStout – a lovely very personal sharing of a story from a very romantic family thank you 😀 x
- Lucile De Godoy – a lovely fresh minty experience was had here 😀 Thank you Lucile ❤
Thank you again to all and I hope to see you all again this time around 😀
What is happening this week?
This week we are concentrating on
- Favourite Quotes
- Poetry, Free Verse
The subject matter that will be lasting a fortnight is “Edge”.
I would like to invite those of you who want to join this event to do one or all of the following:
- Submit a photograph that depicts “Edge” to you. This can be totally out of the box, literal, about emotions, physical, anything, go wild with what comes in to your mind.
- Submit perhaps your favourite quote that relates to“Edge”
- To submit a poem in the form of a Free Verse, brief explanation of what this is you can find below:
What is Free Verse Poetry?
Free verse is an open form of poetry. It does not use consistent meter patterns, rhyme, or any other musical pattern. It thus tends to follow the rhythm of natural speech
My donation for this event
A quote I love:
“You will always be too much of something for someone: too big, too loud, too soft, too edgy. If you round out your edges, you lose your edge.”
― Danielle LaPorte
A Free Verse Poem I wrote (audio version underneath)
The tumultuous vixen reaches up high,
her painted nails tickle the underbelly of unsuspecting sky.
The clouds roar in pleasurable delight,
as the sun’s rays flow down, stroking golden fingertips upon the ground.
This time she rises even higher to take a forbidden bite,
cherry lips part, she seeks pleasure with all her might.
The Heaven’s open in accordance with her lustful plight,
waves crashing down, washing away her golden crown.
The vixen is now submissive, sublime,
taken away and lost in time.
For the first time I decided to make an audio version, I was a bit nervous but it was fun!
© Justine Nagaur Eclecticoddsnsods.com
Thank you for joining in the fun!
If you click the link below it will take you to the InLinkz page where you can either enter your own entry or in fact you can just browse through everyone elses, blog hop and have fun, that’s the idea. ;-D