Vegetarian Lasagne – Low FODMAP

Vegetarian Lasange – Low FODMAP

Again this recipe caters for those of you on the Low FODMAP diet and who are vegetarians.  This certainly ticked all the boxes for my veggie count for the entire week I think and very easy to make.  I felt almost Saintly after eating this.  😀

Visual Evidence

2 x 100g cans of diced tomatoes

1 x tsp oregano

2 x bay leaves

1 x tsp sage

ground cinnamon

gluten free lasagne sheets

salt and pepper to taste

Method

Heat up the oven to 180 degrees C

I like to use a griddle rather than just an ordinary frying pan, maybe its those aesthetic lines you get across the vegetables when cooked.  Start off with a splash of vegetable oil in the griddle, once heated cook the aubergines until they get those golden lines across them, then set aside in to a bowl.  Do the same piecemeal with the peppers, courgettes then finally the sweet potato.  Just at the end when the potato is just about done, pop on the spinach, it doesn’t have to go completely soft because when you add to the bowl of other vegetables it will soften up.

Prepare a lasagne dish that is well greased.

Mix up the Feta and Ricotta Cheese together in a separate bowl.

Add the various herbs to the vegetable mix, plus the wine, tomatoes & mix well together.

Add salt and pepper to taste.

Lay one layer of lasagne sheets on the bottom of the dish, then half the vegetable mix, then a 1/3 of the cheese mix, then another layer of pasta sheets, then the other half of vegetables and the other 1/3 of the cheese mix.  Slice up the mozarella and place this on top.

Place in the oven for 30 – 45 mins

I hope as always that you are partying hard and having a lovely weekend, perhaps you might prefer a relaxed weekend?  Justine xx

Fiesta Friday badgeThis post contributes towards Fiesta Friday #65

20 comments for “Vegetarian Lasagne – Low FODMAP

1. April 24, 2015 at 7:45 AM

I just love seeing these posts! I thought I was the only one on this diet! Thank you! Bless you sister!

• April 24, 2015 at 8:59 AM

ah how are you getting on with the diet? I must confess I find it hard to stick to 100 percent but I know when I do it makes a difference. I just need to know what it is exactly that is making the difference. I have a section now on Low FODMAP diets in my categories if you want to take a look as I found it really hard finding recipes. It isn’t huge but working on it hehe x

• April 24, 2015 at 5:35 PM

Oh I am terrible when it comes to the sugars. Everything else I seem to be getting the hang of. I have figured out a few triggers in the process too! Fantastic! I will head over now!

• April 24, 2015 at 9:45 PM

oh thats good you have figured trigers, i wish i had x

• April 25, 2015 at 9:04 AM

It wasn’t without a lot of pain and discomfort. Are you trying to add the different foods on the “no” list to see if they cause more or less discomfort? Two weeks ago I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy. I am waiting for the biopsy results.

• April 28, 2015 at 2:00 PM

I havn’t got to that stage yet, i am mind boggled as to what particular thing it might be but when it does oh boy it hurts 😦 I should be more rigorous with the diet. Good luck with your results, please keep me updated if yo uwish x

2. April 24, 2015 at 3:43 PM

Ahhh those amazing veggies. I haven’t had vegetable lasagne, Justine. This looks really delicious and guilt-free. 😀

• April 24, 2015 at 4:12 PM

yes totally guilt free lol and laden with the feel good factor x

3. April 24, 2015 at 9:35 PM

How delicious. You’ve prompted me to maybe get around to resurrecting my own version (which elies more on lentils and less on veggies). Maybe I’ll mix the two?

4. April 27, 2015 at 12:33 AM

I had to look up aubergine! They are called eggplant here.

Do you think this would be good without the alcohol? Should I substitute something else?

• April 28, 2015 at 1:53 PM

I think maybe you could replace with a light vinegar? Or a soysauce or worcestershire sauce, something with a bit of kick? x

• April 28, 2015 at 1:53 PM

or just leave it out x

5. April 27, 2015 at 11:57 AM

I’m always looking for new vegetarian lasagne recipes, and this one sounds lovely! Thanks for sharing with FF#65

6. April 30, 2015 at 1:04 AM

Haven’t tried vegetarian lasagna before but I figure I should try it one of these days. You have a nice one here, Justine! 🙂