Magic Chocolate Mousse

Magic Chocolate Mousse

Some of you might have read about my recent meet up with two lovely bloggers I connected with last November who came to stay at mine the weekend before last, if you didn’t catch it, you can read it here:  The chiccas meet up in London. One of the many things that occupied my mind apart from the excitement of meeting them was making sure they were well looked after.  Normally I would never experiment on my guests, but I don’t know what came over me and I played it safe and wild at the same time.

I went safe with my usual slow cooked lamb, with some of Sonals spices to add some spark and kick, yum.

Then on the Friday (the night before) I spotted Elaine @ Foodbods post about some kind of magic chocolate mousse.  She had re-blogged it from Kellies @ Food to Glow.  So I would like to thank both of them, because WOW….that is a major WOW.  Seriously who would ever have come up with the idea of using chickpea liquid in chocolate mousse???? Seriously????  I tested it the Friday night and it was amazing, so decided to repeat the experience for my friends on Saturday.

I followed advice and did not tell them what was in the chocolate mousse before they ate it, but intimated that there was something very definitely different about it.  Desley being a scientist was determined that she would guess right, but she fell short I am afraid and there were looks of total surprise when I revealed the surprise ingredient at the end, this was just after ‘Shrek’ shouted out hummus.  Talk about a spoiler!!! lol

So, here is the visual evidence, really it tastes stunning and healthy too!  Erm…probably not when I ate more than one in a night!

So if you want to find out how to go and make this amazing chocolate mousse pop over to Kellies at Food to Glow and let me know how you got on.

© Justine Nagaur

Fiesta Friday badgeThis is posted for Fiesta Friday #67 hosted by the lovely Angie.

22 comments for “Magic Chocolate Mousse

1. May 8, 2015 at 8:03 AM

Oh I can totally vouch for the taste, it was amazing!!! I was shocked that the secret ingredient was chick pea liquid!!!! Wow!!!!! Xx

2. May 8, 2015 at 8:32 AM

I am available as a witness to testify for the delicious taste! Xx

3. May 8, 2015 at 11:47 AM

This is an awesome spread Justine! Loved the plating and table setting too. The mousse sounds intriguing but yumm! Loved that big grey plate.

4. May 8, 2015 at 2:11 PM

Lamb! Chocolate! Strawberries! *faints* Looks v yummy, and the secret ingredient is quite intriguing!

5. NotAPunkRocker
    May 8, 2015 at 7:00 PM

Chocolate
    Friday
    Chocolate

Sounds like a perfect day/plan to me!

• May 9, 2015 at 6:35 AM

Lol I know right? Mmmm lucky I have a stash of chocolate nearby!

6. May 8, 2015 at 7:27 PM

I love seeing bloggers meet up with each other and using each others recipes. I remember this chocolate mousse from Elaine, I’m not surprised that it was such a big hit. Happy Fiesta Friday 🙂

• May 9, 2015 at 6:35 AM

Thank you and happy ff back! Are you tempted to try it?

7. May 9, 2015 at 7:23 AM

It looks delicious! I’ve seen the Magical Chocolate Mousse around and I’m starting to think I might be missing something if I don’t try it myself! 😮
    Your meet up sounds lovely 🙂
    Happy FF Justine! x

8. May 9, 2015 at 6:29 PM

Looks stunning, the idea is gread, I have to try it out!

9. Anonymous
    May 11, 2015 at 3:40 AM

Fantastic! Really, Justine, this is fabulous! I’m not a huge fan of chickpeas in baking (I do like hummus though), but the fact that I will be able to replace egg whites (which believe me, I have sadly NOT been able to do so far), is just fantastic! I’m so excited! Cannot wait to buy some chickpeas this week and give it a try when I get time! Oh, and I got so excited that I almost forgot to comment on your get together :p Lovely that you, Lucile and DesleyJane got to meet up.

• May 11, 2015 at 8:57 AM

Thank you hehe your excitement is so cute! Lol and yes it’s a great alternative and I didn’t taste any bean taste or anything. Please let me know how you get on xx