Tea Time #11I want to thank everyone for joining me for:
We had 7 lovely Tea Time entries, you can still see the Inlinkz page here: InLinkz Tea Time #10
Here are the last Tea Time party goers who my greatest thanks go out to:
- Playing with my First DSLR Camera – Tequila Time, oh my, we have a beautiful photo here and alcohol. My Tea Time certainly is getting a reputation, if you want to see what I mean, pop by to the post to see what I mean 🙂
- A New Life Wandering – Afternoon Tea at The Fairmont Empress Hotel in Victoria BC, alright I am greedy, I just love experiencing different types of tea in different places, how they serve them, the traditions. This is certainly somewhere I would love to go, pop by and see the visual evidence.
- Mara Eastern – Tea Time with Coke, no not that type, but still naughty in my mind, as I have seen how coke cleans a 2 pence piece. Mara has refrained from bringing rubbish and alcohol this time, is she taming perhaps?
- Nty6x – T.. Beer time! – OK well the reputation continues, in this post we have ‘beer’ and some strange creature, pop by to see what I mean 😀
- Belgian Streets – Jack and Coke, now you might wonder what on earth this post is about. A sublime bit of photography and I think Mara might be providing the top up’s for the content of this post perhaps?
- Deb’s World– A birthday treat, this post made me really smile, some innocent fun and clever takes with photography, pop by to see what I mean.
- Savoury and Sweet Food – Candy Lassi, all I can say is ‘oh my’ and ‘this is the kinda drink I would like at a Tea Party’, thank you. Pop by and why not try to make this, surely it tickles your taste buds?
Tea Time #11
Due to Eclectic Corner tying in with Tea Time, ie I feature the top 3 entries in the Tea Time Post, I will be keeping the InLinkz open for this Tea Time Event until voting stops for Eclectic Corner, which is on: Friday 19th June 2015
So you have plenty of time to be putting in Tea Time #11 entries. Please feel free to enter something out of the box, or a recipe, or some writing or photography, anything you can link back to the experience of having tea.
If you need to familiarize yourself with what the Tea Time Event is, please follow the link which goes to the Tea Time Page – Tea Time Page
A quick summary of the process 😉
- Please grab a badge to display
- Tag your post Tea Time (#1 or #2 etc depending on which number it is)
- When you write your post, please link back to my post that it relates to
- Please then come to my post back here and enter the URL in to the InLinkz which you will find below. This collects all the entries and displays thumbnails on the InLinkz page so everyone can congregate together, find out what everyone is doing and party!
- Even if you are not posting a link, please pop by the InLinkz page to blog hop.
- Please don’t forget to put your link in to the InLinkz page, just click the tea picture below 🙂
So I present my treats for the Tea Time #11 :-
Dim Sum Tea
Most of you will be well aware of my tea addiction. But my addiction does not stay at home, I like to try new places, new types of tea, new ways and when an opportunity came to taste a Dim Sum tea, I simply could not resist.
After a lovely day perusing a food market, myself and a very good friend made our way to Knightsbridge to try this Dim Sum Tea. It was lovely not to have the usual array of sweet treats but our taste buds were still challenged as were my chop stick skills. The atmosphere was calm and the decor elegant, service first class which is always a good start.
We did have prosecco included in our tea, which in hindsight I would chose not to have again. Shock horror! The reason being, it just didn’t seem to go with such a tea. We had decided to save the Jasmine/Green tea until nearer the end but I found myself like a goldfish desperate for it earlier.
A little example of what we had was a delicious mix of fried and steamed dim-sums. This included crispy scallop rolls, duck spring rolls, steamed mined pork dumplings and minced chicken lettuce wraps. I was very impressed that I manage to pick the lettuce up with my chop sticks, folding the lettuce like an envelope, however the joy didn’t last long as it all collapsed luckily on to my plate. We also had fresh mango and a sweet Chinese dessert.
My favourite as the prawn which seemed to be covered in wasabi, or horseradish tasting sauce with a slice of pineapple underneath, that was superbly yum.
The roof of my mouth had a bit of a fight with the gelataneous content of some of the dumplings, ie it stuck there, but that is where the tea comes in handy among other reasons.
All in all a great experience, has just heightened my desire to try other teas!
Have any of you had a Dim Sum Tea?
Eclectic Corner #11 Momentarily
Who Did You Vote For?
We had 11 amazing entries throughout the month, consisting of photography, poetry and quotes. Thank you to all and at the bottom of this post you will find the InLinkz page to go and blog hop to see the other entries. As promised however I am featuring the top 3 entries that you as the general public voted for 🙂
Top 3 Featured
Momentarily Terrified by Musings of a Frequently Flying Scientist – Week Two Writing Piece (Poetry)
There’s a constant drone in an airplane.
If you remove your headphones, you can listen to it.
But inevitably you will stop hearing it.
Until there’s a change in the frequency, the timbre of the sound.
Then there’s that feeling in your tummy. Why did the sound change?
You steal a few furtive glances at the other passengers nearby. Did anybody else notice?
You look out the window.
Nothing else changes.
Nobody seems to notice. All staring at screens or trying to sleep.
Back to normal. As normal as possible at 35,000 feet.
You sit back.
Listen to that constant drone.
It becomes comforting.
Imagine if it disappeared.
This was Desleys’ written poetry piece for the monthly Eclectic Corner Momentarily Challenge. Included is her photo too, to go with. I have to say I hate flying and her words sent an icy chill down my spine. Fantastically scare, thank you Desley LOL. Pop by to say hello to Desley, she’s a friendly soul and really won’t scare you normally. Well done for top votes!
We have joint entries for 2nd place.
Joint 2nd Deb’s World – Momentarily – Week 2 Written Piece (Poetry)
In the scheme of things
We are on this world but momentarily.
How we leave the world is more important than the number of years we live
in regards to what we’ve done and
what we’ve achieved.
What will we be remembered for?
What will we leave behind as our legacy?
What memories and stories will they tell?
Deb’s got joint second in votes. She provided a wonderfully thoughtful written piece for Week 2. To me, this is the kind of piece of writing I would like to have up on my fridge or somewhere I look regularly just to remind me of how we value our time and what we make of it. Pop by to say ‘Congrats’ to Debs and see many of her other lovely down to earth writings.
Well done Debs!
joint 2nd is Mara Eastern – Momentarily – Week 1 (Photography)
A moment frozen in time
A very stunning piece of photography provided by Mara who usually is keen to desaturate her photographs. However, this time we are provided with plenty of beautiful colours, some of which highlight the movement of the man on his motorbike. A great depiction of momentarily Mara, thank you and congrats! Please pop by to say hello to Mara, she will provide you with endless dry wit to entertain you amongst other things.
We had joint entries for the next entries also, so I am leaving it here for 3 featured posts, however you can still view all the wonderful entries from amazing bloggers who have supported me with the new format of Eclectic Corner. All of whom I wish to thank. Please continue with your amazing writings and photography, have a cup of tea with me, a chat and take a peek at all the other entries for Momentarily which you will find here:
Just a side note, my blog URL has changed from Eclectidoddsnsods.com to Eclecticoddsnsods.co.uk, you can find the URL here: Eclecticoddsnsods.co.uk
The .com URL will take you through to my Retail Website, which is still under construction, but don’t worry if you go there, there is a direction for coming back. There might be a few links throughout the blog that take you to my Retail Site, I shall correct them bit by bit as I find them.
So please come and join the Tea Time #11 Party, click the Tea badge below to go through to the InLinkz page to either post your tea time fun, or blog hop and visit others just to simply say ‘hello’ and see what they have done. Remember to pop back and say ‘hi’ every so often to see what new deliciousness or visual treats might be there. Justine xxxx
Have a little click below to enter or just enjoy!