Mara & Me

Mara & Me

As some of you know I have acquired a Kitty Wife (don’t ask what that means, I am not even sure myself),  since being here on this wonderful WordPress blogosphere.  It’s all good fun, more importantly than a Kitty Wife, a lovely friend!

So I was very excited when I got the opportunity to finally meet Mara.  You might know her already, she has a fun sardonic blog here:  Mara Eastern’s Personal Blog

I have go to say I have been out more and met more people in the last 4-5 weeks than I have done in the last year, it’s a phew and wow moment at the same time, great fun!

So, seeing as I post so regularly about Richmond Park, and Mara had made noises about wishing to see it, I dragged her as soon as she arrived for a walk.  Poor girl and there she was thinking she might get a cup of coffee or something stronger before trekking across grassy plains.

Do you notice we are totally colour co-ordinated.  Not planned, totally a coincidence, must be a sign of something!!!

Here we are:

Mara's visit

Mara’s visit

My youngest had an inset day (don’t those days seem to be increasing?) so of course he came along too and showed off his cycling and parkour skills.

We had a wander around the lake, the swan did a spectacular flight across it, splashing everything, I was so enthralled I totally forgot to snap it.

Mara's visit

Mara’s visit

Then my youngest went to his favourite tree, one I am sure that was struck by lightening.  I swear he was meditating at one point, Mara must be a good influence.

Uh oh, don’t slip!

Mara's visit

Mara’s visit

Finally Mara got to relax back at my house.  I made her a lunch by which time my eldest had come back.  As you can see Mara accumulated a variety of alcoholic beverages as well as coffee and chocolate, what a perfect day hey?  Grinz…she looks happy which is all the counts 😀

She very kindly gave me some of her native alcoholic beverage which nearly blew my head off, I am weak I swear!  I  kindly gave her some very strong mini strawberries soaked in some kind of strong liquor, she supped it easily like it was orange juice #seriouslyimpressed

I even had a small photography lesson, tips and tricks.  I don’t claim to have taken all of these, but not telling which is which 😛

Finally I ended up being shot, but in a very  nice way by the very sweet and demure, Mara!  So happy we had that day.

Mara's visit

Mara’s visit

That is it folks, until another day!  Justine xx

41 comments for “Mara & Me

1. June 3, 2015 at 1:59 PM

Great, we finally get to see more of Mara than the random foot or hand in the photo 😉 Sounds like you two had a great time visiting.

Liked by 2 people

• June 3, 2015 at 2:00 PM

Haha yes, I might get spanked for this but I did get permission….I think I did anyway, Lol, we did have a lovely time too, yes 😀

• June 3, 2015 at 2:03 PM

Except for wanting to remain anonymous I can’t see a reason why she’d mind the reveal.

• June 3, 2015 at 2:08 PM

True 😀😀

• June 3, 2015 at 5:38 PM

Yep, I wanted to blog anonymously and I still do, but this meetup was simply too good not to blog about it! So this is an exception and there will be no more than just random hands and feet again 😉

Liked by 5 people

• June 3, 2015 at 6:03 PM

I can understand wanting to be anonymous. Still, it was nice seeing more than that random foot, hand or shadow even if just this once.

• June 3, 2015 at 6:15 PM

Thank you, it’s a nice thing to say!

• June 3, 2015 at 7:52 PM

You’re welcome, but the simple truth is I couldn’t disagree more with your comment, “I’ve been revealed in all my ugliness”. No, not at all. Quite the contrary , in fact. 🙂

• June 5, 2015 at 7:05 AM

yeh until I catch you next time :-p

2. June 3, 2015 at 2:17 PM

What fun! Lovely friends, family and walking adventure!

3. June 3, 2015 at 2:19 PM

There is so much I love about this post, I don’t know where to begin. I love that you two got to hang out. I love that I finally got to see Mara’s (smiling) face. I love the lightning casualty meditation tree. I laughed out loud when I saw l “Nikon D3300 For Dummies”. I recognized those yellow cups from Mara’s project 365. I had wondered if the chocolate melted. I love that I got my answer. 🙂 I love seeing that my “bleeding hearts” are only a week or so behind yours even after our dreadful winter. And, I love that you ladies got to have a real-life boozy tea party. 🙂

• June 3, 2015 at 4:02 PM

wow now that is simply such a lovely comment, thank you for that, made my heart jump in joy. I love it that you got so much out of it 🙂 Haha I forgot also I left the book in the photo…grinz…seriously I need it! xx

4. June 3, 2015 at 5:33 PM

Oh dear, so I’ve been revealed in all my ugliness and exposed as an alcoholic 😀 Your post is wonderful, my kitty wife, it brought back all the wonderful memories – next time I hope I shall return your hospitality in my own humble home! Btw, I too noticed how excellently colour-coordinated we were, it’s obvious that we’re wife and wife 😛

Liked by 4 people

• June 3, 2015 at 8:16 PM

Oh you silly kitty wife. Your so silly saying your ugly and I must spank you for that. I won’t usher gushy comments but your opinions are unfounded 😍😍 and well no alcoholic mentions but I think you are the warrior of alcohol compared to me the mere wimp as I cannot handle it. I am impressed haha! And yes it was a fabulous meet up, very fond memories and I thank you for allowing me to expose you! Grinzzzzzzz

5. June 3, 2015 at 10:17 PM

Fabulous!! It’s so great that you got to meet up and having experienced your incredibly
    Generous hospitality I am certain that Mara was very well-looked after. This is a great post with beautiful photos of a place I can happily say that I now know and love. Brilliant hun xox.

6. June 3, 2015 at 10:27 PM

It’s so wonderful that you got to meet in person! Looks like a fantastic day!

7. June 4, 2015 at 3:41 AM

That photo of your son looking down… is amazing… Not sure why out of all of them it struck me so… but it did.. Diane

• June 5, 2015 at 7:02 AM

awe thank you and you know I love this one too, so we think alike. He always has a look of great thought on him when he is up that tree, at first he was cross legged on top like he was meditating, sadly he moved before I could shoot him hehe x

8. June 4, 2015 at 10:42 AM

What a great read and lovely photos. I loved being able to hang out with you all – albeit from a great distance. Nice to see Mara too! Thanks Justine.

• June 5, 2015 at 6:56 AM

awe thank you and yes it was lovely to see her and to be able to share her on this rare occassion x

9. June 4, 2015 at 6:40 PM

A lovely post Justine….just like being there… 😉

10. June 9, 2015 at 1:36 AM

What a great day with your blogging sister. I’m happy that you met in person!