Rubbish Poetry

Rubbish Poetry

Actually whilst the lovely Mara who hosts this Poetry Challenge that I am entering, came to visit, I was very ashamed to spot this ‘rubbish’ in the river.  However it has now come in use with this Poetry subject matter, what luck hey?

If you have no idea what I mean, pop over to Maras Poetry 101 Rehab, it is here:  Poetry 101 Rehab Rubbish

Rubbish

Rubbish

What is one man’s rubbish

Is another’s treasure

What is one man’s act of elimination

to another total defamation

What is the meaning of rubbish

Nothing to some and everything to another

Justine xx

(free form poetry)

25 comments for “Rubbish Poetry

1. June 4, 2015 at 6:47 AM

This is so true Justine just run a garage sale and people will pay to take away your rubbish……

• June 4, 2015 at 7:36 AM

Exactly. I went to a car boot sale recently and in some places there really was what I consider rubbish ie broken plastic, broken pieces of mirror and ceramics but oh boy people were around this stall like buzzards!

• June 4, 2015 at 7:37 AM

Makes your poem very accurate.

• June 4, 2015 at 7:47 AM

😀😀

• June 4, 2015 at 7:47 AM

How’s your challenge going these days?

• June 4, 2015 at 7:52 AM

Ok I think…..be good to attract more writers but we like what we are presenting each week……this weeks is a good one…

• June 4, 2015 at 7:55 AM

It’s frustrating my lack of time at the moment to do things I enjoy but I will try to go and take a look. It is hard also I think attracting writers to challenges 😀

• June 4, 2015 at 7:57 AM

Wow just read your poem it’s awful lol. Not the writing and skill but what you described reality terrible. Very punchy you hit right to the point xx. Brilliant

• June 4, 2015 at 9:09 AM

Thanks Justine, it was the image I saw of the mangroves down where I used to live…..rubbish everywhere

2. June 4, 2015 at 10:38 AM

Good use of rubbish and very true words! I also recycled in my latest post – hopefully it’s not rubbish though.

3. June 4, 2015 at 3:29 PM

Magical picture. Riding into the sky – that’s what poetry often is.

4. June 4, 2015 at 6:41 PM

Awe, you joined in my rubbish prompt! That one was for you – that probably came out wrong, but you suggested the prompt and I took your suggestion 🙂 The bike in the stream is quite a horror, but your poem is lovely!

• June 5, 2015 at 6:55 AM

haha I did and well it was a rubbish poem in many senses of the word lol. It was a horror yes I have not dared go back to see if it is still there, it didn’t look in bad condition either x Thank you for your kind words 🙂 x

• June 6, 2015 at 10:08 PM

Oh don’t worry, I’ve seen much worse – as to the bike. And I do like your poem a lot! Rhymed poetry is rare and it takes some skill to create a piece like yours!

5. June 5, 2015 at 12:14 AM

Awful about the bike in the river, but a lovely shot. Your poem hits it right on the head. In love and light Cheryle

• June 5, 2015 at 6:54 AM

Thank you and yes I was quite shocked to see a bicycle in the river and I am sure someone else could have fixed an dmade use of it, a real shame x

6. June 5, 2015 at 6:45 PM

Very good poetry and the finding of the bike as a photo inspiration, was so timely! Well done.
    You’d be shocked to see how many bikes are found in the canals of Amsterdam!

• June 7, 2015 at 7:56 PM

lol well the bike came first, it was obviously a fluke…grinz…or perhaps after seeing the bike i said she should do a rubbish prompt, after all we know how mara loves her trash lol x