Lemon Rosemary Salmon, low FODMAP
I admit I have been falling off my low FODMAP diet quite a bit and I do notice how my body changes etc. I won’t go in to detail as TMI, but suffice to say things are a lot more comfortable when I try to stick to it as best as I can. I have changed the dieticians appointment three times as no point turning up unless I can manage at least 4-6 weeks sticking to the diet, which I am ashamed to say I have not managed so far.
One of the things that let’s me down is not being organised. If there is not food easily ready for the kids etc and I am hungry, bam the diet goes out of the window and I just grab whatever, so I need easy to prepare meals and ones that I can prepare earlier and just bung in the oven.
This is a easy to cook one. I teamed the salmon up with rice noodles, which on their own are a bit bland, but if you mix the salmon and or veggies in after, it spices it up somewhat and it is super healthy.
For my veggie content I used green beans, boiled gently then lightly tossed in some gluten free teriyaki sauce with peppers, the green part of spring greens and baby sweetcorn. I also used salt pepper, olive oil and a dash or garlic infused oil.
Prep 10 mins – Cook 20 mins – Ready in 30 mins
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 salmon fillets, bones and skin removed
- coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Arrange half the lemon slices in a single layer in a baking dish. Layer with 2 sprigs rosemary, and top with salmon fillets. Sprinkle salmon with salt, layer with remaining rosemary sprigs, and top with remaining lemon slices. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until fish is easily flaked with a fork.
Now I just saw Angie who hosts Fiesta Friday which this forms part of just posted a wonderful salmon recipe that would fall in to the low FODMAP criteria and looks far better than mine, lol, here it is: Angies Broiled Salmon with Rosemary and Lemon Zest-Infused Honey Soy Sauce Glaze
This post forms part of Fiesta Friday#72, wowee can you believe so many Fiestas have passed?
I hope you have a wonderful weekend planned, what are you all up to? Justine xx