Tuna pasta bake
Don’t we all like easy and quick? This isn’t the most attractive looking of meals and it was the first time we had done this, but with my eldest son being a tuna fiend I thought it worth a try. All I can say is tummies were filled with a “this is fantastic mummy”, waking up the next morning asking for a portion for breakfast! Seriously that is too much for me, but suffice to say it was popular.
Teamed up with salad even better 😀
I missed Fiesta Friday last week, probably/maybe the first time ever, felt very bad, it felt very odd. You know that spontaneous reaction when you go to get your phone and it’s not there, you have lost it for the day, well it was kinda like that. Just very very busy elsewhere, but back again, wooho!
- 600g rigatoni (you can use non wheat variety)
- 50g butter
- 50g plain flour (you can use gluten free)
- 600ml milk (I used non dairy)
- 250g strong cheddar, grated (allowed on low FODMAP)(or you can use lactose free)
- 2 x 160g cans tuna steak in spring water, drained
- 330g can sweetcorn, drained
- large handful chopped parsley
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Boil the pasta for 2 mins less time than stated on the pack. To make the sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in the flour. Cook for 1 min, then gradually stir in the milk to make a thick white sauce. Remove from the heat and stir in all but a handful of cheese.
- Drain the pasta, mix with the white sauce, tuna, sweetcorn and parsley, then season. Transfer to a baking dish and top with the rest of the grated cheese. Bake for 15-20 mins until the cheese on top is golden and starting to brown.
This is a contribution towards Fiesta Friday #75, woohoo have we really gone through that many parties?
I hope you have a lovely weekend ahead and lots of exciting things planned, I know I have….Justine xxx