Kind, caring & bubbly! Fiesta Friday

Kind, caring & bubbly!  Fiesta Friday

Kind, caring and bubbly = Selma!

This is actually a commemorative post for Selma, who had Selma’s Table blog, who sadly passed away from cancer last weekend.

I would not have got to meet Selma had it not been for Angie who hosts Fiesta Friday, so I thank Angie first of all for having this platform in which many people get to share friendship even if it be via text form.  However as many of you know it can extend so much further than this.

Had it not been for Selma, I would not have got to meet, Indira from I’ll cook you wash, Steffi from Gingerbread, Marita from My Dinner., so as you can see the line goes on for friendships.

Selma managed to enthuse her warm presence throughout not only her fantastic food blog (you can still go and see her wonderful creations and get to know her history if you didn’t have the privilege before), but also through many other blogs, through her comments and fun, caring interactions.

I don’t know how long ago it was that I met her in the blogging world and I am sure there are many others who knew her much better, but she was always one of those people ‘always’ there, in the background, who would make you smile with her words.

So I was very excited when she arranged for a group of us (named above), to meet at the Royale Plaza for tea and a wonderful event it was too.  Selma though in discomfort was always smiling genuinely, so happy to see others meet and make friendships.  She was a genuinely warm and lovely person.  I had no idea at the time that she was suffering from cancer, I take my hat off to her for firstly her bravery and secondly her generous nature, still in the face of adversity making sure others got to have a good time and meet each other.

So there will I am sure be many other posts dedicated to Selma and tears still to be shed, but to me, she still feels like she is here, her presence is felt and every Friday even moreso she will pop in to my mind with the Fiesta Party Goers.

Thank you Selma, you touched many people’s lives in a wonderful way ❤

This dedication is part of Fiesta Friday #76 to all the other Selma sisters and people who knew her xx

32 comments for “Kind, caring & bubbly! Fiesta Friday

1. July 10, 2015 at 8:48 AM

What a lovely tribute to Selma. I haven’t come across her before but she sounds like a wonderful and caring woman. Xx

Liked by 2 people

• July 10, 2015 at 10:28 AM

Thank you Desley, she was lovely, one of those genuinely kind and warm personalities, she will be missed x

2. July 10, 2015 at 11:28 AM

Wonderful tribute to Selma, I was so sad to hear of her passing. A lovely brave and sweet lady, it was great that you got to meet her so recently.

Liked by 2 people

• July 13, 2015 at 2:29 PM

she was all that you have said and thank you for your words, I do feel lucky I got to meet her, yet she was so very real even with just being present here on the blogosphere x

3. July 10, 2015 at 12:10 PM

It was a shock to hear. I’ve been working on a post about our tea and I feel so sad as I edit it now. You’re right though. She was such a warm, bubbly person and will be sorely missed.

Liked by 2 people

• July 10, 2015 at 1:14 PM

Yes I cried when I wrote this post too. I feel her here today very much and there is so much happiness that she infused with her words x

4. July 10, 2015 at 12:21 PM

A very nice tribute. It’s great you got to meet her in person.

Liked by 2 people

5. July 10, 2015 at 12:36 PM

Justine,
    I am so touched by your tribute to Selma. Truly said, Selma touched so many lives in her own gentle ways. She was always there as a strong supporter, not only to the people she knew but to the new ones too. She had sent me the sour dough starter few months ago and I was packing it away 2 days ago amongst other things for relocation. I thought of her that day and then I got the news. She will always stay close to my heart like many others! ❤️❤️
    May she Rest in Peace!
    Love

Liked by 2 people

6. July 10, 2015 at 5:14 PM

And the Selma brothers huh? ✌️

• July 10, 2015 at 5:41 PM

Hah yes of course. Boys and gals together ! Your one of the sisters anyway Mr Fitz you know it, a group is s group 😀 oh and that doesn’t detract from your masculinity !!

7. July 10, 2015 at 5:33 PM

Justine thank you very much for your tribute to Selma , whom I also met by Angie and her party Friday . Selma helped me design like putting a recipe in order and frame , sending the instructions by mail. Was very friendly every time I had to ask something, or whenever you said some of my recipes .
    It was a great shock to read your words and learn of his death.
    I always cherish , despite the short time I could count on his words.
    A hug.
    Mariángeles.

8. July 10, 2015 at 6:09 PM

What a beautiful and touching dedication and tribute, Selma would be so happy. ❤❤

• July 10, 2015 at 6:29 PM

Thank you Ameena. I hope she is smiling now as the foodie community that she touched in many ways xx

9. July 10, 2015 at 11:13 PM

It’s such a lovely post for someone it seems who made many friends and was loved for the special person she was… Diane

10. skd
    July 11, 2015 at 8:39 AM

Justine, you are so right when you said Selma touched many hearts. she gave me some technical support for my blog a couple of months. I am deeply saddened by her demise. may her soul rest in peace. This is a wonderful tribute on your part.

Liked by 2 people

• July 13, 2015 at 2:39 PM

it seems she had such a huge range of people she would help and chat to, she will be sorely missed, muchly xx

11. July 12, 2015 at 5:18 AM

I love this post. ❤

Liked by 2 people

12. July 12, 2015 at 6:45 AM

Really shocking.. Selma was a great personality with a kind heart.. I used to cherish her comments and advices all the time.. May her soul rest in peace..

• July 13, 2015 at 2:40 PM

yes, many did, so so sad, but I feel very much she is here, i see her smile x