Tea Time #13 – One Cup Pancakes, Sencha Orange & Spice + Top 3 Reveals
So here we are at Tea Time #13.
This week will be a little different as there is no InLinkz attached to this tea time party, because yay I am going on holiday in a few days and so will re-start both the Tea Parties and Eclectic Corner challenges in September.
Meanwhile, if you have any suggestions for the challenges I hold, things you would like to see or not see in future etc, please feel free to either comment or message me via e-mail if you wish.
So from Saturday I will be in sunny France and pretty much offline, don’t worry I will reply when I get back, week starting 10th August. Poor little Teddy goes for a big operation on the 11th so I will be biting nails and be trying to pre-occupy myself with your lovely posts and feedback.
So first of all we have my Tea Time contribution, then the top 3 reveals. You can of course skip straight to this if you wish 😀
I am bringing today lovely Sencha Orange and Spice tea, bought from The Tea House in Covent Garden. If you are local to London you should really visit this place, a haven of tea, crockery and other delights.
As for this tea, it was beautifully aromatic when brewing, it lasted a few cups just this tiny tea diffuser half packed with the colourful infusions. It had that slight nutty taste, very quickly chased by the Orange, leaving a spicy tingle on the tongue.
Oooh la la, next I move on to one cup pancakes. If you ever thought making pancakes too fiddly this is your dream recipe, so so easy and better still you prepare the fruit inside it, so in theory unless you are being over the top like me with yoghurt, strawberries and mint etc, you could just serve the pancakes as is because it had blueberries added, then cooked.
The measurements are easy peasy, take a peek below….
One Cup Pancakes
- 1 large free range egg
- 1 cup of self raising flour
- 1 cup of milk
- sea salt
- handful of blueberries
- tablespoon of honey
- handful of sliced strawberries
- few sprigs of mint
- yoghurt of choice ( I used Rachel’s Organic low fat cherry)
- enough butter to cook the pancakes
1. To make the batter, crack the egg into a large mixing bowl.
2. Add the flour, milk and a tiny pinch of sea salt.
3. Whisk everything together until you have a lovely, smooth batter.
4. Fold through the blueberries, if using.
5. Put a large frying pan on a medium heat and after a minute or so, add the butter
6. Carefully tilt the pan to spread the oil out evenly.
7. Add a few ladles of batter to the pan, leaving enough space between each one so they have room to spread out slightly – each ladleful will make one pancake, and you’ll need to cook them in batches.
8. Cook the pancakes for 1 to 2 minutes, or until little bubbles appear on the surface and the bases are golden, then use a fish slice to carefully flip them over.
9. When the pancakes are golden on both sides, use a fish slice to transfer the pancakes to a plate.
10. Repeat steps 5 to 9 with the remaining batter, adding ½ tablespoon of butter to the pan between batches, if needed.
11. Serve the pancakes straight away, topped with a dollop of yoghurt, and some extra berries, if you like plus I drizzled on some honey and sprigs of mint which really heightened the taste of everything else.
Tip: These are the easiest pancakes to make – you don’t even need scales to weigh your ingredients. All you need is a cup or a mug. As long as you use the same cup for measuring both the flour and the milk, you’ll be laughing!
You see how easy this is?
Now we move on to “Eclectic Corner #13, Loyalty” top 3 reveals. You can still blog hop to the various posts on the Inlinkz page which you will find here: Eclectic Corner #13 InLinkz Page
Or you can pop by the weekly Loyalty Posts of mine here: Eclectic’s Loyalty Posts
Top 3 Reveals
I had 5 entries this month, as far as I am concerned you are all indeed winners, however I am going to post the top voted for…here goes…drum roll…..
Loyalty – Eclectic Corner #13: Quote
from: Deb’s World
Congrats Debs, who gave us throughout her series of contributions a clear insight in to her heartfelt loyalty towards her beautiful country, one I have yet to visit. This quote I also think definitely deserves pondering, don’t you? Pop by her blog to see all her other entries 😀 Thank you for your amazing support.
Joint 2nd and 3rd was…drum roll….
LOYALTY (ECLECTIC CORNER #13.1)
I have not shared all the photographs from Desley’s post on Photography week with regards to Loyalty, she has some stunners there, but this one really tugged at my heart strings and dare I say brought a tear to my eyes. Really lovely Desley, go pop by and see what she wrote…
And yes Desley came 3rd also with…
LOYALTY (ECLECTIC CORNER #13.3)
You can find her post here: LOYALTY (ECLECTIC CORNER #13.3)
After reading this post, I ended up buying yet another app, yes inspired by Desley LOL…not sure I will thank her for that ( I am slowly becoming an app addict), I also learn’t how to make this great texture and most of all she provided a quote which made me read it over and over, another one that gets the old grey cells working, thank you Desley.
That is all for now folks, thank you to those who support me not only by entering but reading and commenting, it is muchly appreciated. If your’e going away soon have a fab time and if not have a fab time anyway 😀
On a side note my online shop, EclecticOddsnSods.com will be shut until Monday 10th August for a dust and shine whilst I am away!