A Robot Came To Visit Called Thermomix

A Robot Came To Visit Called Thermomix

I feel rather like a cheat with this week’s cooking but heck it was easy peasy!  I had a robot come to visit who was called Thermomix.  I had to share this with you to see if any of you had seen this amazing piece of technology in action or whether if indeed any of you actually owned one.  Apparently in the mediterranean it is standard to have one of these in their kitchens = me very jealous!

So a friend of mine has become a Thermomix advisor and as such she very kindly offered to come around and demonstrate this machine, well robot, because it is just like one.

In two hours she made me a three course meal which consisted of tomato & pepper spiced soup, seeded bread rolls, vegetable gratin and berry sorbet.

Included in this time was lots of talking so I am pretty impressed.

What impressed me most was…

• The sorbet took 4 minutes to make! LOL…= incredible
  • The bread rose like a dream, and looked so professional, whenever I have tried to make bread at home, it never rises and certainly never looks like this, so I’ve no idea what I am usually doing wrong.
  • It would make the soup whilst steaming the vegetables on top, basically making two meals at once = result!

Now, I am not posting this to sell the Thermomix to you as I am not a rep, but I basically wanted to share my find with you because I think it is marvellous and if I had to option to have one I would.

Below the food you will see some pictures of the Thermomix, but basically it is a machine that combines about 12 kitchen appliances in to one apparatus.  It has a led touch screen, records your favourite most cooked meals, does a variety of different actions, well a huge variety of different actions and also you can insert recipe books which it will guide you  through.  I am sure there are many more features, but my mind boggled after a while and I was getting distracted by the food and my hungry tummy.

So this is the newest Thermomix on sale, the touch screen intelligent does everything machine

Thermomix

Thermomix

I’ve included a Thermomix video so you can get a rough idea of what I mean and that I have not gone loopy lou or exaggerated 🙂

So there we are, my complete cooking cheat for this week, but well worth it!

Of course as always I include this in my Fiesta Friday fun time #97 oh my we are nearly at 100

Happy weekending, Justine xx

15 comments for “A Robot Came To Visit Called Thermomix

1. December 4, 2015 at 1:58 PM

Cool appliance.

2. December 4, 2015 at 2:45 PM

It’s top of my wishlist! @vanillarock swears by hers and posts all the time about what she’s made with it.

• December 4, 2015 at 6:30 PM

Oh I must go and take a look at her blog thank you. It’s at the top of my list too lol

3. December 4, 2015 at 6:35 PM

The food looks amazing and the title of this post is great!

4. December 4, 2015 at 8:30 PM

I feel like all the mums in my generation here have a Thermomix. I’ve never seen one or used one but there are Facebook groups devoted to Thermomix cooking and I always see my friends posting stuff about it. Those bread rolls look amazing!

• December 18, 2015 at 12:44 PM

the bread rolls just grew and grew and grew lol, crazy stuff, i would llove a thermomix for sure x

5. December 5, 2015 at 10:52 AM

Wow Justine for a machine, I wish one too. Have never seen this before. Just asked my boyfriend and he told me, that this has been here for at least 15 years.

• December 18, 2015 at 12:44 PM

yes i think about 10 years and very popular, the newest one just came out a couple of months ago and they only bring out new ones every 4-5 years they are built very well xx

6. December 5, 2015 at 4:29 PM

You’re kidding, right? That thing can’t be real! Btw, you didn’t select a photo for your FF link. Do you want me to edit?

• December 5, 2015 at 10:31 PM

Yes please re photo I don’t know why but last two FF parties I can’t get a photo on the Inlinkz I think it’s a problem my end but.nlt sure how to fix it. It keeps saying it’s not a valid picture which is odd and yes machine very real and very wanted lol

• December 8, 2015 at 1:26 AM

I fixed it! Not sure what happened. Did you do anything different?

7. December 5, 2015 at 5:50 PM

Wow, what a fantastic machine! I’ve never seen one before. Unfortunately I don’t have an inch of cabinet space available. But, it looks like it could replace several other appliances. Does it blend as well and it the mix very smooth?

Thanks for keeping us updated on what is new in the kitchen department.

• December 18, 2015 at 12:45 PM

you know it is apparently 12 appliances in one lol, pretty increible. It lbends absolutely smoothly, i had soup that was like cream of tomatoe, no bits whatsoever and it was actually whole peppers x

8. December 12, 2015 at 4:00 AM

I got mine two weeks ago and it’s an amazing gadget! I have a child with Type 1 diabetes and the scale function is a godsend! You can follow the recipes on the chip or use recipes from online communities. My kids are loving all the things I’ve made