Valentines Chia Chocolate Breakfast with Strawberry & Balsamic Smoothie
Now I know I have disappeared for a while, far longer than I had ever anticipated. It started with time seemingly becoming lacking and I was unable the luxury of reading other people’s blogs, then I got to post less and less, but I thought to myself I will surely have time to post my Happy Monday. Shock horror, time seemed to disappear completely!
I’ve had some major projects on and additions or addition to the family who I should have blogged about by now. Archie is the sweetest new member to our family since losing Splodge last October who I still miss dreadfully. Archie isn’t a replacement but I know Splodge would have approved of this cute addition. To give you a sneak preview please look below but I will promise to post on our new little black furry four legged addition very soon, but before that I am throwing myself in with a healthy breakfast treat. I have been on a mission to lose weight and or eat healthily, succeeding at one not always both.
So I present to you a lovely chocolate chia breakfast, I feel the chocolate being raw isn’t so naughty but rather healthy in fact if you research the benefits of raw chocolate, combined with chia, home made almond milk (recipe on this follow soon I promise also) and topped with Omega 3 seeds is a real superfood breakfast.
The strawberry smoothie a total treat, the balsamic really teasing the tastebuds, a lovely combination.
Valentines Chia Chocolate Breakfast with Omega 3 topping and Goji Berries
- 40 grams chia seeds
- 240 ml home made almond milk (or coconut depending on preference)
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut syrup (or your sweetener of choice)
- 1 tablespoon of raw cacao powder, I used Fairtrade Organic, it’s delicious
- 1/2 tablespoon of raw Goji berries, again I used Fairtrade Organic
- Mix chia seeds, chosen milk, Goji berries and sweetener together in a small bowl or glass mason jar. Let it set in refrigerator overnight.
- Remove it from the fridge, and make sure your pudding looks thick and the chia seeds have gelled. Top with fresh fruit and nuts, I used organic Omega 3 seed mix as a topping, enjoy immediately.
- I particularly like the way the Goji berries swell up in the chia when left overnight, if you don’t like this you can always add it as a topping. It tastes good yet different either way.
Stawberries with Balsamic
- 2 punnets of ripe strawberries
- 1 tablespoon of honey or rice syrup which is what I used (trying to avoid too much sugar/honey)
- To Serve
- A dash of balsamic vinegar (to taste)
- Ice cubes
Serves 2 – 4 or one if you’re greedy like me
Reserve a few strawberries for decoration. Blend the rest with your sweetener of choice with a cupful of ice cubes and add 1/4 cupful of water – more or less as needed so it blends easily and is tasty to your palette.
You can blend in the balsamic like me or place to add in drops on the side, decorate with a few strawberries and posh glass! Voila it looks like it should contain alcohol. My youngest as myself absolutely adored this.
I am very excited to be able to post again and contribute towards Fiesta Friday #106
Take a look if you like cooking and moreso eating and enjoy all the recipes posted on Angies blog, FiestaFriday.net
There is lots more to come, but meanwhile enjoy whatever you are getting up to this weekend and see you soon. I shall enjoy catching up with conversations.