Healthy Berry Omelette

Healthy Berry Omelette

This amazing recipe is taken from a wonderful book I discovered recently called:  I Quit Sugar For Life, written by Sarah Wilson, which you can buy here

Now I havn’t quit sugar but I have drastically cut it down, plus have cut down carbohydrates, swim four times a week and taken up yoga, which I practice at home daily.  This is my quest to not only improve my health issues, ie the chronic pain, but lose weight and get fit somehow.  I joined the Lifestyle Spa where I found this book and took up yoga about two months ago and since then I have lost 9 lbs.  This is an “oh my word” moment for me, because I have been trying to lose weight for years and being on medication it is incredibly hard as it makes you put on weight, the chronic pain makes you not want to move as a result you become unfit, out of condition and lose flexiblity, but I am ignoring all of that and managing to do things I havn’t for years!  Hoooorah!  I can even touch my toes now!

So enough about me, this book is wonderful, even if just taken from an information point of view, of which there is lots, not to mention incredible recipes.

I have made this meal twice now, the first time I had to get my taste buds around the egg and berry mixture and even with this initial “ohh this tastes different” I as you can see wolfed down the whole lot.  Second time around I knew what to expect and could spend time enjoying it to it’s fullest and would recommend you give it a try, super easy to, to make as you will see.

Visual Evidence

Healthy Berry Omelette

Ingredients

• 1 – 2 tablespoons of rice malt syrup
  • 1 tablespoon of butter
  • 1 cup (150g) mixed berries (best fresh, can use frozen however)
  • mascarpone or yoghurt of your choice

Instructions

Separate the egg whites and yolk from each other.  Whisk the syrup in to the yolk and beat the egg whites separately until they become thick and fluffy.  Fold the egg white then in to the yolk and syrup mixture.Melt the butter in a 22 cm omelette pan over a low heat.  Pour in the eggs and sprinkle the berries on top.

Cook on a low heat until the base shows it is a slightly golden colour then transfer this under the grill and brown lightly.

The omelette should then be firm but light.

Serve with yoghurt or mascarpone or if feeling very naughty ice cream.

As you can see it didn’t last long!

Berry Omelette

It’s a joy to share the healthy and or lovely things that I find.  I hope you are having a wonderful weekend, Justine xx

As usual this is a contribution towards Fiesta Friday #125, the food loving blog hop party that goes on all weekend!

13 comments for “Healthy Berry Omelette

1. June 26, 2016 at 2:12 PM

Yay! What a great post! So happy for you 😀😀 yoga is a total life changer ☺️ thank you for inspiring us and sharing this, and your lovely recipe, with everyone at this week’s Fiesta Friday 😀😀

• June 28, 2016 at 7:51 AM

Thank you Elaine ❤ your words are lovely! I'm love yoga it's like a secret that's been kept from me until now for a reason. I have to pace but can do so much more than I used to 😀 you practise? 👌🏻

2. June 26, 2016 at 6:11 PM

What a great idea! I would have never thought about it but it must be super yummy! It definitely looks delicious 😀

3. June 28, 2016 at 5:06 PM

This looks a little like a berry souffle, sounds delicious. Good for you, yoga and healthy eating, yeah! It is definitely difficult to keep up the exercise if you are in constant pain. I hope that gets better.

• July 15, 2016 at 8:57 PM

Thank you and I have a few mornings I think urghhh I can’t do it but once I do I feel so much better. It keeps you going next time x

4. July 1, 2016 at 5:45 AM

Good for you! I have an uncle who is a yogi and my sister has been practicing it for a while, too. They both swear it’s done wonders to them. I ought to start! Love the recipe! ❤

• July 15, 2016 at 8:56 PM

Thank you and yes you should, just gently does it and it’s quality time out. I believe a yogi is someone whose been doing it for zillions of years? 😀

5. July 2, 2016 at 7:27 PM

Looks delicious, Justine! Such a simple recipe, for a wonderful ‘dessert’ breakfast 🙂

6. July 2, 2016 at 7:28 PM

Reblogged this on Gluten Free. Lekker food! Lekker life! and commented:
    Perfect for a 4th of July celebration!

• July 2, 2016 at 7:30 PM

Thank you so much sooo glad you like. I would love to know what you think when you try it 😀 x

• July 2, 2016 at 7:31 PM

I’m looking forward to trying it very soon, so will let you know! 🙂