Blueberry, Honeydew Melon & Kiwi Smoothie – breakfast wake up

Blueberry, Honeydew Melon & Kiwi Smoothie – breakfast wake up

Wakey, wakey rise and shine.  I had to share this with you as a breakfast complete.  A real treat!  What better way to start your morning than giving yourself something that not only tastes great but is healthy for you and a bonus point seems somewhat decadent.

This breakfast is packed with goodness, dairy free if you so wish and sure to set you up for most of the day.

I teamed this smoothie up with a berry omelette, you can find the recipe to that here:  Berry Omelette

Visual Evidence

Blueberry, Honeydew Melon & Kiwi Smoothie – breakfast wake up

Ingredients

• 1  cup blueberries
  • 1 kiwi
  • 1 cup honeydew melon
  • rice milk
  • rice syrup (to taste)

Extras

• Linwoods milled flaxseed, almonds, brazilnuts, walnuts & co-enzyme Q10
  • Selva Organic Brazilian Acerola Powder (packed with Vit C)

Method

Blend in the nutribullet, easy peasy.  Serve with ice cubes.

So what are you like in the mornings?  If that isn’t too personal of a question.  Me, well I take ‘at least’ an hour to get going, as in my brain doesn’t cope with anything up until that stage and dare I say I am not a happy  morning person until that time….shameful!

Archie liked the look of the omelette and tried to bring some gifts to make a favourable exchange, however mean mummy wasn’t going for it.

pug in chefs hat

Archie the taste tester

As always I am teaming this up with the lovely foodie blogger event that starts to party every Friday, Fiesta Friday.Fiesta Friday badge

8 comments for “Blueberry, Honeydew Melon & Kiwi Smoothie – breakfast wake up

1. September 16, 2016 at 7:47 AM

Yum, you’re making me hungry. I tend to skip breakfast as once I start eating I don’t stop. But don’t try to talk to me before I’ve had my morning coffee… just a public service announcement. Still breakfast foods are my favorite, so I might have them for dinner.

• September 16, 2016 at 8:34 AM

Haha I like the public service announcement! Actually the omelette is pretty filling I would be surprised if you didn’t stop eating. Perhaps you should try it and let me know 😀

Thanks for popping by really lovely to ‘see’ you. Now I must get some coffee! X

2. September 16, 2016 at 10:09 AM

Sounds delish! 💖

• September 22, 2016 at 7:11 PM

It was a real feast, it is such a lovely meal time to have treats, starts the day in a good way 🙂

3. September 16, 2016 at 12:02 PM

Your breakfast sounds like one for trying. I have an ordinary blender, but I think it will go too.
    I use to start my morning with water and coffee, then more coffee and breakfast. Your breakfast looks so very attractive Justine 🙂

• September 22, 2016 at 7:12 PM

haha you obviously like your coffee. We got a coffee machine but it still doesn’t taste as the one I get in Artisan coffee, it’s my daily fix

4. September 16, 2016 at 8:31 PM

Love smoothies, but have yet to make one myself. Yours seems a lovely change from the regular smoothies. Me? I’m a boring breakfast eater, healthy, but boring 🙂 Oatmeal with rasins, almonds, chia seeds and a drizzle of honey. Cut up fruit also accompanies the oatmeal in the summer time. The rice milk and rice syrup sound like great additions to your smoothie. Thanks for bringing this to Fiesta Friday, Happy weekend to you 🙂

• September 22, 2016 at 7:14 PM

Mmm your breakfast sounds good. I love making bircher cereal in the mornings also. will have to do a post on that one. Once you start making smoothies you probably won’t stop 🙂

You know you want to say something, come chat with me and others!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s