Maple Spiced Nuts, So, So Moorish!
I have been wanting to learn how to make spiced nuts for ages, having found them being sold at an exorbitant price at a Christmas Fair once and becoming totally addicted I made it my ambition to find an equally nice recipe and bingo, Waitrose popped it up out of the blue!. Thanks, Waitrose.
There is a warning with these nuts, they are totally moorish. At the moment they seem to go from room to room, each jar rapidly declining. I am making the excuse also it is healthy to eat nuts, well it is right?
How to make them?
Maple Spiced Nuts
Ingredients – Serves approx 12 little handfuls!
- 1 tbsp sunflower
- 2 tsp English mustard powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 250g mixed unsalted nuts
- 100g macadamia nuts
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
(as you can imagine you can really play with the ingredients)
- Preheat the oven to 200 C (180 fan), mark 6. Pour the oil into a large roasting tin and heat in the oven for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl mix together the mustard powder, garam masala, chilli powder, some freshly ground black pepper and 1 tsp salt. I prefer sea salt.
- Add all the nuts to the hot oil. Sprinkle over the spice mix and drizzle with maple syrup. Mix to coat. Roast for 10 min until golden, tossing halfway.
- Empty the nuts on to a baking tray and leave to cool completely before serving.
- This can be made up to 2 weeks ahead and kept in an airtight container.
As always this is a contribution, be it late to the foodie blogger party, Fiesta Friday
Here’s hoping you had an amazing Christmas. What are you up to New Year’s Eve? Any resolutions? Justine xx